Snellings joins Patriot community

Cloey Hixenbaugh, Sports Editor

The Mount Pisgah community welcomed a new Assistant Athletic Director at the beginning of the 2021 school year. Mr. Jordan Snel-lings joined us from Marist High School where he was the Inclusion Diversity Coordinator and helped coach football, basketball, and track, and field.

Along with being the Assistant Athletic Director, Snellings takes on the role of the head Football Coach for the 5th and 6th-grade team, and head coach for boys track and field. Mr. Snellings will also assist with the diversity department and the IRON club.
Mr. Snellings has always been involved with sports, in college he was a wide receiver at Furman University and was team captain. His background and ability to under-stand the importance of the whole student and the impact of athletics provide him with a strong desire to interact with students in multiple ways.

Due to his role and responsibilities, Mr. Snellings is excited to meet and engage with students through a sports perspective rather than an academic. Changing from engaging students in the classroom to only seeing kids during sports activities has been a challenge for Snellings as he interacts less with students in his role.

“I am trying to find a creative way to bond with students,” Snellings said.

Mr. Snellings explains what the role of the Assistant Athletic Director entails, “Everything athletics, from operations to marketing, along with academics and sports working together, making sure kids are eligible and doing the right thing in the classroom.”

The Athletics department is excited and lucky to welcome Mr. Snellings into their community. Mr. Snellings office is found in the Drum, on the top floor, on the far end of the athletic offices and he looks forward to opportunities to work with students.

Mr. Snellings works closely with Athletic Director, Ryan Livezey, and all coaches. Snellings explains that he is excited to continue to settle into the Mount Pisgah Community.

“My favorite part of my job is going to the athletic events, getting the chance to see students compete in the sports that they love to do.”